The upcoming wedding

My beautiful friend Kristin is getting married this weekend. Her big day is Friday. We've been very busy dealing with final issues on our "new house" which we may be closing on at the end of the month, so I am a bit behind on wedding preparations for myself.

We leave for Wichita tomorrow, and my dress is unaltered, I have no wedding shoes yet...

I have these new-fangled bangs to deal with, and although they are growing on me...I have no idea how to style them for a wedding!

Also, I'm about the palest person on earth right now, and I'm not feeling my thinnest, so I'm going tonight for a "mystic tan" at Solar Max on Taylor Street. I'll let you know how it turns out. I've never had a spray-on tan before, but I don't think it could be worse-looking than my pale winter skin.
And I have this beautiful dress to wear for the weekend, which remains unaltered until I can get home to Wichita where my wonderful seamstress mother can alter it. It's too long, too wide, and the straps fall off my shoulders, so there is a lot to do. I have hardly started packing because we had an all-day playdate today with some friends who just had a baby 7 days ago! So, the agenda is: spray on tan, laundry, pack, laundry, sleep in bed trying not to mess up the spray-on-tan, get up, fly to Wichita, try to find shoes, alter dress, locate babysitter for during the wedding, and then TRY to be a really good bridesmaid/friend for a few days.

I'm coming Kristin!!! Except I'm not sure if that sounds helpful or threatening at this point.


Comments

Urban Mom said…
I've been dying to try a spray-on tan! But I, too, always think of Ross and his experience, which scares me off. So please post how it goes!

=-)
Unknown said…
I did spray on tan for a wedding once. I liked it - how did it go?
Also, check your email. I forwarded you the name of a babysitter in Wichita my mom recommended in case you can't find anyone. :)

Popular Posts