Kristin's weekend

Well, it's been a whirlwind of a week. My sister and father spent a few days with us after the last time I posted, but I forgot my camera, so I have to get pictures from my little sister before I can post them. However, you don't want to see pictures of what we did Monday afternoon because it was us getting into a car wreck! It wasn't my fault, and no one was hurt, but my car doesn't look great. Then, they left on Tuesday morning and I started preparing to fly to Wichita for the weekend for my friend Kristin's shower/bachelorette party weekend. I got there on Friday and had to run around all afternoon to pick up the stuff for the Saturday night dinner that was hosted at my mom's house. But after spending Friday running around and doing the prep work, I had the pleasure on Saturday of attending Kristin's beautiful wedding shower!

She was a vision, as usual, in her beautiful purple dress with her long fabulous hair. You should have seen us when we were high schoolers: her always trying to straighten her thick curly hair....me always trying to poof up my thin straight hair. Haha. Nothing has changed. She has promised, however, that she's going to wear her hair big and curly for the wedding and I think that's perfect because I love her hair that way!

Gloriana is her brother's wife and she gets the vote for cutest pregnant lady ever. I couldn't get over her fabulous outfits and that girl walked around in cute boots and tall high heels all weekend! Wow.


Gloriana also ordered these beautiful flowers from Kristn's florist to put around the room at her shower. They were gorgeous and fit perfect with Kristin's purple/vintagey/butterfly theme.

After the shower, we took a short break and then the bridesmaids (and Kristin's mom) headed over to my parent's house for a little dinner, wine, and lingerie party. Kristin can pull off the most beautiful, bright, glamorous shirts. I think it's the tall dark prettiness that helps.
Here we were before going out on the town after the lingerie part of the night. My little sister, Katie, (not pictured here) went with us, and a fun time was had by all. Kristin's fiance, Jon, met up with us near the middle of the evening and then we all went to a little diner called the Breakfast Club before heading home at 3:30am!!! I can not remember the last time I stayed up that late, but it was totally worth it. I think. I mean, the details got fuzzy around 1am, to me, but I remember general craziness, Kristin playing the band's drums, Katie and I dancing, and then eatting a giant chicken fried steak and eggs. Mmmmm...good times.
Thanks to my dear husband who took such great care of the kiddos while I was away partying it up all weekend....I missed you guys.

Comments

really.truly said…
Sounds/looks like a fun time.

Love your dress!

Popular Posts