1 c milk
3 egg yolks beaten
1 T vanilla
2 c chilled whipping cream
Mix sugar, salt, milk, and eggs in saucepan. Cook over med heat stirring constantly until bubbles appear around edge. Cool to room temp. Stir in vanilla and cream. Put in freezer can.
Put stir spoon in place. Cover. Turn machine one, (or crank or whatever yours does). Fill tub with ice and rock salt. 6 parts ice to one part rock salt.
Other life updates for those who care:
1. We still have not closed on the "new" house. Something about needing another inspection before they are willing to give us an FHA loan.
2. Sammy went to Dr. Resnick this morning and was tested for allergies. Although he and I both have major intestinal issues with dairy, he is apparently not technically allergic to milk. So that's good. In fact, he's not allergic to anything at all!
3. Our house has not sold, but someone is coming to look at it for rent this afternoon. Bleh. Renters. I really didn't want to have to rent this out, but alas, our house is apparently unsellable.
4. Rented Revolutionary Road last night and I think I'm going to like it...just watched half before falling asleep...will let you know tomorrow.
5. Sold my Anthropology bed set on Ebay for $50 more than I paid for it. That's a deal! Especially since I decided I wasn't a huge fan afterall...of that bed set...not of Anthro. I love that place!