He is risen! (But Sammy has not)

The day after our throwing up in the bookstore incident was today, Easter Sunday. I did my best to nurse Sam back to health, but there isn't much you can do to stop the pukes. So I decorated in hopes that he would be better by Easter morning.

I put out my lemon trees (stop laughing Laura. They're awesome).

And I Eastered-up my house plant.

And I got out our resurrection eggs from Grandma.

I even turned the Bible storybook to the right page.

Luella got an empty plastic egg and baby goldfish.

Claire got the regular stuff.

And so did Sam...along with some encouraging "get better" notes from big sister.

But, alas, Sammy did not arise. So we got left behind while Claire and Matt went to church for Easter service without us! Matt even had to teach  my Sunday school and take them the cinnamon rolls I made them (but didn't get to eat myself. Boohoo).

We did get to keep Wella with us though, which helped cheer our spirits. :)

But Sammy's hardest part was that we were supposed to go to grandma's for Easter lunch AND to celebrate all the April birthdays in the family. And he had to miss it. Boo. They celebrated Uncle David though, who is 15 now.

And they celebrated Grandma Evelyn who Claire is named after. I love Grandma Evie and Grandpa Harris.

And they love each other, which is fabulous after having been married for something like 65 years.

Grandma even made her red velvet cake, which Sam loves. BUT, they did send home a HUGE gift for Sam which we knew was coming and would fix everything once he saw it. You'll have to wait for the big reveal though. It requires a video for sure.

Happy Easter!

Comments

Popular Posts