Sam turned 7!

Today is Sam's actual birthday. Aprill 22nd. He was born on my dad's birthday. :) But we had his party yesterday. He didn't want a "theme" birthday this year. We've had a knight birthday and a pirate birthday and a baseball party in the past.

But he DID want to put his army guys on top of his cake, so we had an army-theme birthday cake. I made this much of it the night before (can you see my 19-week pregnant belly sneaking into the picture?)...

...and then I left the decorating of it to the boys the next day. As you can see, Sam has on full camo for his big day.

This is a close up of the battle scene. I never would have come up with it so I'm glad they did it. It would have had more "army" green on it but I forgot that I used up almost all of my green food coloring on Claire's cake so it had to be a bit of a desert scene.

It's so funny how different a boy party is from a girl's. Especially now that he's not-so-little and won't let me make it too cutesy. See these balloons? That's all we did decoration-wise!

Which was all that was necessary because we had 10 boys and 5 girls this year and since we had good weather we sent them all down to the park for games for almost the whole time. I think there was some kind of capture-the-flag, a little kickball, and of course, the traditional attacking-Matt-with-water-balloons!

Here's the crew once they all got back (with a very soaked Matt in the back ground). No pictures of the park time because I was home with Luella while she napped.

He blew out candles...

...cut the cake...

...and opened presents. Lego Ninjago was a favorite. (What the heck a "ninjago" is I have no idea)

Captain america.

Lego police van with canine unit from our friends, the VonKondrats, whose daddy is a policeman here in Chicago. Too funny!


Last week he got a new skateboard and helmet from his Glenview grandparents. Later on today, he's getting this bmx bike from us and grammy and grandad, but don't tell him yet! And this over-the-door basketball hoop from Aunt Laura and Uncle Ben and the cousins. He's going to be a busy boy.

But daddy leaves for a week to Washington D.C. tonight so I'm happy that he'll have all these fun things to keep him busy this week.

Happy Birthday Sam-Sam. We love you.

Comments

HAPPY BDAY SAMMY SAM!!! Chance and I tried to call yesterday but you were probably busy with that amazing parTAY! That looks awesome!! Can you throw Chance one just like it? I think he's going to request one like Sammy anyway;) We can't wait for you to come! Skateboards are ready in Wichita yo! And ps cute preggers!!!!
Also tell Sam his present from us is here and he better come to Wichita to get it! Hurry!
harada57 said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular Posts