Wichita trip: part 1

On December 29th we got to go visit my family in Wichita. It also happened to be Matt's and my 9th wedding anniversary that day, so Claire and I dug out my wedding dress and let her try it on while standing on a box. It was weird to see her in it. Of course it was too big, but I actually thought it would look bigger. She's getting too big!

Claire and Sam love playing with my old toys when we're there. The first night, they found all the old costumes they could find and did a show for the grown ups. Claire was a spastic clown.

Sammy was the guy that signed in the people who came to see the show. And apparently the sound guy as well.

Grammy (my mom) put on the dog as usual. The first night she made her fajitas, which is our family favorite. Matt's especially!

The next day my dad gave Sammy the job of helping him cut down a dead tiny tree in our yard. 

He also needed to haul these big branches out of the yard that he had gotten trimmed so the boys spent a day trimming up the branches into firewood size.


Sam was in heaven, of course.


And we used a few of the biggest branches to make this sweet teepee! I actually had the idea for the project and got it started, but then my dad decided that although the idea was a good one, we needed to start it all over and do it a slightly different way. :) Nothing like going home to make you feel like an 8 year old again! Haha.

Of course, his idea WAS better than mine and he even finished it off with buffalo skins/bed sheets to make it into the real thing.

We spent a GOOD chunk of our trip at a frozen yogurt store called Orange Leaf that my baby sister, Katie, manages. It's the coolest ice cream concept ever...and a cool looking store.

You pick your own yogurt and serve it yourself and then you go to the toppings bar! The best part.

Here is Katie modeling the chocolate for us.

And here she is ringing us up. You'll notice that in both of the above pictures she is showing her ring finger a lot. :)


That's because she just got this from her boyfriend Chance!!! Sparkly huh?

And Chance might have had flowers delivered to her WHILE we happened to be there buying yogurt. Wow...he's good.

Wella just made Grammy and Grandad love her even more with her cuteness.

Grammy held her most of the time. I kept telling my mom that she could let Luella sit on the floor, but Grammy mainly wanted to hold her (which of course Luella loved). After this, my camera died and we forgot to bring the charger, so the rest of the pictures were taken by Aunt Katie. When she sends them, I'll post part 2 of the trip. It was very fun! Wedding planning and scavenger hunts for the kids and other cool stuff. Stay tuned.

Comments

Popular Posts